An Audience with Princess Lucy
We had a wonderful visit this past weekend with Grandma and Grandpa K. They came from their desert to our desert and we had a great visit with them. I wish I had taken more pictures; we were just enjoying their company so much that I never thought to break out the camera. (Memo to Grandma K.: if you'll email me the pic you have on your camera of you and Dad and Lucy, I'll post it up here.)
Lucy was a little shy at first, but warmed up pretty quickly. We went out for pizza the first evening, and I think Lucy said "pizza" at least 17 times. (And each time was at the top of her lungs.) At the Farmer's Market on Saturday morning, Lucy did a chalk drawing on the street, while Grandma and Grandpa were talking with one of the sellers who immediately recognized them as being from out of town. (Or I guess didn't recognize them, and that's why she knew they weren't from around here.)
After a scenic drive, lunch, and a nap for Lucy, our mediocre dinner at the Chinese restaurant was followed by Lucy's first swim! She was a little nervous at first, but got into it after just a short time. She jumped off the edge over and over again, even after getting her head dunked under the water. She slept GREAT that night.
We're so glad Grandma and Grandpa came to see us, and we're looking forward to the next time we get to visit together. By then, Lucy may be quite the swimmer!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home