.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I Love Lucy!

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

You are what you eat!

Since we've been here, we've been inundated with fruit. I'll admit, I bought some apples at the Farmer's Market a couple of weeks ago. But after that, the fruit's just fallen in our laps. One of the other teachers brought in a box of apples from her tree at home, and David brought home a few of those, and then the bishop dropped by the other night with a box filled with apples, peaches, nectarines and pears (and a cucumber!).

Lucy took a whole apple for herself, and actually ate most of it on her own. She was a sticky mess when it was all over, but she loved it.

Someone told me recently that a person can't live here and go hungry. Another person mentioned their disappointment at the end of the summer because it means they have to go back to buying their produce at the store. What a great place to live (and eat!).

Below is a picture we took of Lucy at the Seattle Temple when we were there a couple of weeks ago with the whole Ellis clan. It's very similar to a picture David has of himself when he was little.

Well, that's about it for now. I'm planning to take some pictures of our new digs, and I'll get them posted here soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home