.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I Love Lucy!

Monday, September 26, 2005

Our Grown-Up Girl!

Lucy has been getting a little better about letting me comb her hair. As long as I can distract her with something, I can even manage some pigtails, like the ones she has in this photo. We went outside so I could take her picture, but it was so chilly and windy that I took this quickly and we rushed back inside. Lucy was very concerned about her hair blowing all over. She kept putting her hands on top of her head and saying something that sounded like "hat".

It's amazing to me how grown up Lucy looks. She has lost that "baby" look, and is more and more the "little girl" everyday. She wants to do everything by herself. It is hard for me to let her be so independent, especially with food. It's not that I don't want her to learn to feed herself, it's just that I don't like cleaning up after she feeds herself.

Lucy's vocabulary is also growing by leaps and bounds. On Saturday night, she said, "I want drink." She can also ask for a few of the foods she likes to eat, but usually, she just skips the asking and goes and gets whatever she wants. We read a lot together, and her favorite book right now is "Ella" (Cinderella). There are still many things she says that we don't understand, but she's very patient, and is training us well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home