.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I Love Lucy!

Friday, January 13, 2006

A Cute Lucy Moment

The other night, we were getting ready for a family prayer before bed, and Lucy didn't want to fold her arms or pray. So she hit my arm. I said, "Lucy, no hitting. If you hit me again, you'll get a time out." Well, she turned around and did it again so I said, "That's a time out for hitting." I took her over to the corner of the room and sat her down and counted to ten. Then she got up and I said, "Let's make good choices. No hitting."

She went right over to Daddy and hit him on the arm, then ran over to the corner where her time out was before, sat herself down and waited. We were trying so hard not to laugh as I counted to 10. After that she wouldn't come back over for the prayer until we had her baby doll fold its arms and we praised the doll for being ready for the prayer. Then Lucy wandered over and folded her arms so we would praise her too.

Well, I began to say the prayer, and Lucy started to talk (which she never does during the prayer) we heard her say "Hemee Far" (which I think was "Heavenly Father") then she used some gibberish punctuated by "Mama" "Daddy" "Elmo" "Baby" "Bed" and then she said, "Amen."

We were really excited. It is so rewarding to see that what we've been teaching her has been getting through. And her speech gets more clear every day. I find that I'm not having to guess what she wants as often as I used to. Being a parent is really cool. (Most days.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home